Pennington Resource Learning Centre
Excellent education for young adults of all abilities
The Pennington Resource Learning Centre (PRLC) provides tailored education for students according to their unique requirements..
Based in Pennington, we : -
- Work on the principal of home-schooling, with qualified teachers enabling pupils to excel in their chosen subjects
- Are registered with Impaq online (Optimi Learning) for our tasks, tests and assessments, as well as for external examinations and marking.
- Specialise in the senior grades, from grades 8 to 12, following the CAPS curriculum
- Adhere to teaching standards set by SACAI and FET regulations.
There are no more than six students per class, allowing us to provide that important one-on-one attention, for each and every student. As a small tutor centre, we pride ourselves in developing deep and lasting bonds, with students and parents.
We instil in our students the importance of involvement in as many community projects as possible, such as: -
- Raising funds for various awareness campaigns
- Providing community services at local homes for the elderly
- Delivering beach and street clean-ups, to foster pride in our local community.
To make education fun and interesting, we have a lot of extra mural activities planned throughout the year, such as themed dress up days and team-building activities. We balance time spent inside the class room and outside, occasionally presenting a class under one of the trees on the property and even at Pennington's main beach, just a short walk from the class rooms.
We look forward to working with you ...
Some of our students after a successful beach clean up. Encouraging the youth of today to take pride in their community.